Wednesday, March 28, 2012

please help before I kill myself over this problem...

have a report that takes 1 parameter on a report server.

Trying to call the report using the reportviewer control

All I want to do is set the report parameter in code.

Dim rp = New Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ReportParameter

rp.Name = "InvoiceNumber"

rp.Values.Add("0618050")

Me.ReportViewer1.ServerReport.SetParameters(rp)

Me.ReportViewer1.ShowParameterPrompts = False

ReportViewer1.RefreshReport()

This always fails. I can't figure out how to add the report parameter to the control. PLEASE save me.

I haven't done this myself, but I did see an sample in the help files. Here's a snippet:

// Create the sales order number report parameter
ReportParameter salesOrderNumber = new ReportParameter();
salesOrderNumber.Name = "SalesOrderNumber";
salesOrderNumber.Values.Add("SO43661");

// Set the report parameters for the report
reportViewer1.ServerReport.SetParameters(
new ReportParameter[] { salesOrderNumber });

// Refresh the report
reportViewer1.RefreshReport();

I found this in my local reporting services help under 'Integrating Reporting Services Into Applications'-> 'Integrating Reporting Services Using the Report Viewer Control'.

I hope this helps- please don't kill yourself over microsoft code!!!!

|||what would this be in vb.net?|||

here is what I get in vb.net

Dim salesOrderNumber As ReportParameter = New ReportParameter()

salesOrderNumber.Name = "InvoiceNumber"

salesOrderNumber.Values.Add("0618050")

' Set the report parameters for the report

dim reportparameters() as ReportViewer1.ServerReport.SetParameters(new salesOrderNumber)

except where "new" is I get an error saying that "array bounds cannot appear in type specifiers"

No comments:

Post a Comment