Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Please help ??

I have installed SQL Server 2005 Express on Windows XP Pro with SP2.

I have also installed ASP.NET Web Matrix on same machine. Upon selecting the Data tab (next to the Workspace tab), I click on the Database Connection button. I am asked if I want to connect to an Access db or a SQL Server db. I select the SQL Server db and I then receive a dialog box that asks me the Server Name: the default is (local) and I have used that as well as localhost. I use SQL Server authentication and enter a username of sa and a password that I set up during the installation process. I finally select the Create a New Database link and I then get the message SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

I have checked that my services are running. I also have uninstalled and reinstalled both SQL Server Express 2005 and ASP.NET Web Matrix but still the same glitch.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Glenn

Hello All,

I have solved my problem. The server name was my issue. I had list (local), localhost and my machine name, none of which worked. I then added my machine name\sqlexpress and it worked.

GO FIGURE ...

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment