Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Please Help : visual studio 2005 beta 2 + SQL Server 2005 + C#

Hi,

I have the Microsoft.SQL.Server.2005.Enterprise.July.CTP.

I have installed it on Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition.

After installation I found that Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 installed with it , but when I Opent it I can't create C# prject since you can't create anything other than 'Business Intelligence Projects'.

I need to write a programs using C# so How can I do that with SQL.Server.2005.Enterprise.July.CTP

Thanks,

Aya.

First of all: Why are you using such an old version of VS ? As I can remember the CTP Version are not longer legal as the RTM version is on market.

But anyway, unless you install a Visual Studio (or Visual Studio Epxress, which is free for download), you installed just the surface for administering the SQL Server you won′t have the support for .NET languages.

HTH, jens Suessmeyer.|||

Thank you too much for your reply.

I have both VS2005 professional Edition , and VS2005 Express edition , and I am already trying to install them with SQL Server 2005 using the installation instructions of microsoft but I am always get a problem in the .Net framework part since the SQL Server 2005 uses .Net framework 2.0 Beta 2 and VS2005 uses .Net Framework 2.0.

So if I try to install VS2005 then SQL Server ,it tolds me that I must remove any previous versions of .NET framework, Sql server editions, ...........

If I try the reverse process , the SQL server first, the VS2005 will need to remove it befor the installation.

I don't know waht can I do , please help me.

Thanks,

Aya.

|||If you had installed Visual Studio or SQL Server while there were in the beta, you first have to uninstall everything SQL Server Beta and VS .NET beta from your computer. Aftwerwards deinstall the .Net Framework 2.0 from your computer and do a "clean" reinstall with the components.

In the beta hostiroy there were only specific version of Yukon and the .Net Framework which worked together, you always have to get the most recent versions, or the compliant one to get the system to work.

HTH, jens Suessmeyer.|||

Thanks , but did you means that I can't install that versions together.

If yes, what is the compatible versions of SQL Server and VS2005.

Now I have 2 OS on my machine:

WIndows server 2003 ==> has SQL Server 2005 installed on it , and

Windows xp sp2 ==> has VS2005 installed on it,

can I uses the Database that is created in C# application using SQL Express edition in the SQL server 2005 Enterprise.

Thanks.

Aya.

|||If you you somewhere have any beta installed I would deinstall that and resinatll the RTM versions, there were many changes in the version (even since July CTP), classes which became obsolte, methods which signature changed, so it would be easier dealing on both sides with the sam e framework.

HTH, jens Suessmeyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment