Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Please Help - User Authentication Problem

Hi Lads,
I'm having this severe problem that's wrecking my head altogether! I created
a new user on my local machine, the purpose of this was to allow this user to
access certain reports through an asp.net application (to build up the
specified reports parameters, and pass them back using the soap API)
To test this I logged in as this user, and went to the report manager - but
nothing
came up! all I get is the home page with no reports! I granted "content
manager" access for this user for the group of reports when I logged in as
administrator...any ideas would be much appreciated!Do they have access to anything in the Home folder? If not then they will
see nothing. You have to give them a path to navigate to the reports they
have permission to view.
--
-Daniel
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"Rowan Massey" <RowanMassey@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:7B34FA0E-AAF9-489A-A92C-A0CCB2FC6DE9@.microsoft.com...
> Hi Lads,
> I'm having this severe problem that's wrecking my head altogether! I
> created
> a new user on my local machine, the purpose of this was to allow this user
> to
> access certain reports through an asp.net application (to build up the
> specified reports parameters, and pass them back using the soap API)
> To test this I logged in as this user, and went to the report manager -
> but
> nothing
> came up! all I get is the home page with no reports! I granted "content
> manager" access for this user for the group of reports when I logged in as
> administrator...any ideas would be much appreciated!
>

No comments:

Post a Comment